Nir’s research is fascinating.
He studies how businesses design habit forming products that create “unprompted user engagement”- like the habit that makes you check your phone 30 times a day without realizing it.
Though Nir’s research focuses mostly on technology companies, the insights his research provides can easily be translated to what we do here.
Nir’s “Hook Cycle” puts a framework around the reasons why we keep coming back to the same companies so you can understand how you can influence your customers habits.
This is an experimental new feature for the blog, and we very much welcome your feedback.
In my interview with Nir, we discuss:
- How habit forming products are everywhere and changing our behavior on a fundamental level
- The 4 step “Hook” model to build addictive products
- How this model can be applied to e-commerce and SaaS products
- Where most founders miss the mark
- What metrics you should look at to find your “Hook”
Pay close attention, because Nir’s advice is extremely beneficial to the entire conversion optimization process.
Do You Like This Feature? We Want Your Feedback!
Our plan with this feature is to bring you interviews with some of the brightest minds in conversion optimization, product design, user experience and growth.
If you like this interview, have suggestions on how it could be better, or have a topic you’d like us to cover in the future – let us know in the comments and we’ll be sure to work it in.