Google Data Studio Masterclass
Learn to Build Powerful and Interactive Data Visualizations.
Data Studio Masterclass is a live online training program that dives into the Google’s new powerful solution for creating interactive dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.
Enroll in this 4-class Data Studio course to learn:
- How to connect any data source to Data Studio.
- Best practices for creating and presenting data reports.
- Advanced visualization principles to tell better data stories.
- How to weave different visuals and data sources to simplify complex data stories.
...and so much more.
This live course starts June 27th.
This Course Is Right For You If...
- You’re a marketer who wants to improve their data presentation skills.
- You work with digital analytics data in any capacity and would like to get more value out of it.
- You think you know how to build effective reports (hint: You probably don’t).
- You’ve spent time visualizing data in other systems like R, Excel, or other BI tools.
- You want to create more influence at your company. You want managers and other teams to truly listen to your business insights.
- You manage spend on paid search or social media platforms to drive traffic to your site
- You are a business owner who wants to improve their bottom line.
- You work with clients and would like to streamline reporting.
- You want to gain marketable business skills (every business needs useful data and insights).
This course is probably not for you if you work as a full-time digital analytics pro who consistently spends time building advanced reports and visualizations in Tableau. If you’ve got the data presentation skills of Lea Pica, you might be too advanced for this course.
Data Should Speak for Itself, But It Doesn’t.
Learn to Effectively Communicate Data to Bring Better Business Results.
The most difficult work an analyst does often isn't the actual analysis - crunching the numbers, auditing data integrity, or generating insights.
No, the hardest part is most often communicating that data in a way that brings action. After all, you can be the most talented analyst in the world, but if you’re not using that data to bring positive change, it’s pretty useless to the organization.
The truth? Learning effective data communication and visualization skills makes all the difference in making insights actionable…the trick is to learn to tell stories with your data to allow others in the organization to learn from them as well.
What’s Wrong With My Current Reporting?
As marketers and analytics, we spend all day looking at data. Your boss might not, though. In addition, if you’re shipping your data across teams and departments, a lot of information can get lost in translation. Insights get diluted - or worse, mutated - and you end up with no clear sense of what action to take next.
The standard reports in Google Analytics have their limitations. Even pulling the data to Excel isn’t entirely ideal. You can set up an API connection to a Google Sheet, but it’s still not as intuitive and interactive as a real-time interactive data dashboard in Data Studio.
Google’s Data Studio allows an analyst to customize a dashboard in nearly unlimited ways. You can pull data from Google Analytics, Adwords, Google Sheets, Attribution 360, and Search Console, as well as from whatever database you use. This flexibility allows you to build almost any report imaginable, tying in mobile, offline, transactional, and online data.
This effectively prevents data from living in a silo, or worse, a dark corner of the company where only talented analysts can access insights.
Democratizing Data Insights
The result? With very little effort and time, you can create and customize reports for any business purpose to propel insights further throughout the business. Managers will understand your work with greater clarity, and appropriate teams can take action upon your work.
Essentially, you’re democratizing data in your company. This is what it means to be truly data-driven.
Past basic analytical capabilities, functional data communication and visualization is one of the most in-demand and requested skill sets. Making sense of data in and proliferating it in the organization will only increase in demand with time.
About Your Instructor:
Ian has over 10 years of Management Consulting experience. He brings this expert knowledge and skillset to his live course, showing Google Data Studio users how to easily create sophisticated management reports, perform data analysis and create amazing interactive dashboards without using any complex programming or specialized tools.
Ian has consulted and worked with major organizations in the Banking, Insurance, Manufacturing, Telecommunications and Logistics industries across a number of countries and continents. For over a decade, Ian has been making it easy for his students to craft management reports, develop interactive dashboards and generate new insight and intelligence from business data.
Why We Hand-Selected Ian to Teach This Course
I was so impressed I went and purchased all [Ian's courses] he had available at the time. The style and pace suits me well and I have been equally as impressed with next course I started. I can’t speak highly enough of the resources and look forward to having them all completed, perhaps even starting all over again.
All other instructors I had found were either good technically but poor in communication or poor technically and good in communication. Ian provided the best of both worlds and I'm very thankful for the impact Ian's courses have had on my career. I am now able to analyze millions of rows of data at work in less than 30 seconds and provide a summary table & chart for visualization purposes to management and clients.
In just 2 short weeks, you’ll be able to…
- Use Data Studio as well as the top analysts can.
- Build reports that better communicate your insights.
- Learn evidence-based data presentation and visualization skills.
- Weave different visuals and data sources to simplify complex data stories.
- Walk away with a fully formed plan to bring greater data communication to your organization using Data Studio as a catalyst.
Your 2-Week Live Class Schedule
The 60-90 minute live classes will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays at 11 a.m. Pacific / 12 p.m. Eastern. This time works well for folks in Europe as well.
Those who attend live will have the opportunity to take part in Q&A (sorry, Asia-Pacific friends, but you’ll still have full access to all of the recordings).
Data Studio Masterclass
Class 1: Data Source Connections and Requirements
Class 2: Building Your First Report
Class 3: Chart Options and Principles of Visualization
Class 4: Putting it all together – Full Report Workshop
Show Off Your New Skills: Get a Certificate of Completion
Once the course is over, pass a test to get certified in Data Studio.
Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or just get that well-earned raise you’ve been waiting for.
Why you'll learn more from live classes
In short: You'll actually make time for learning.
Most people don't ever complete self-study courses. It's difficult to prioritize learning over urgent items on your to-do list. (Hey, we’re all busy.)
How do we know?
- A 2015 study shows that the current average completion rate for MOOCs (Coursera, edX, Udacity) is approximately 15%. So 85% drop-off rate. The course that received a Coursera award for having the highest completion rate — wait for it — had a rate of 20%!
- Seth Godin reported that his courses on Udemy and Skillshare have an 80% drop-off rate.
- We've run self-study courses for years, and our numbers confirm this
Our previous live coaching classes have had over 90% completion rates. Around 60% attended every single live class, the rest watched recordings (due to time zone differences, etc).
Our #1 goal is customer success... That you actually master this stuff. We're confident that this live class format will do it.
Before It's Too Late
- 4 Data Studio live classes with Ian.
- Access to a private, members-only discussion group with Ian and your peers.
- To ask Ian all of your burning Data Studio questions.
Need help convincing your boss to pay for this?
Pitch to Boss
Enrollment ends in:
ENROLL NOW — $199.00
Teams of 2 and more get a 25% discount during checkout.
After completing the payment you can login to the course homepage.
7-day money back guarantee.