A/B testing mastery: live course
Start making more money with your online experiments. This course will teach you how to get more wins, bigger wins and more insights from your experimentation efforts.
You will learn approaches that work, pitfalls you will encounter and lots of smart solutions to get more value out of your online experiments.
In this 8-class live training program, you'll learn how to
- get more winning experiments,
- extract better insights from your tests,
- decide the best type of experiment to run (A/B vs MVT vs bandits vs AI),
- spot errors in test outcomes, and
- scale your optimization impact
This live course starts on January 16th, 2018.
This course is right for you if...
- You’re responsible (even partially) for the conversion rate of your digital channels.
- You’re part of a team that runs - or should be running - online experiments.
- Your company or client has at least 1,000 conversions coming in per month.
This course is NOT for you if you are
- An advanced statistics guru that knows everything about frequentist and Bayesian statistics, including the fact that false negatives are a way bigger problem than false positives.
- Part of an organization with the highest testing maturity level: Evidence-based optimization is in the DNA of how the company operates.
- Working at a company (or for clients) with fewer than 1,000 conversions coming in per month (the first four lessons are still valuable, but the last four won't apply to your situation).
Skills you should have before taking this course:
- Basic digital analytics know-how
- Basic user research knowledge
- Some experience with running online experiments (or you're going to join a team soon that is doing this)
Here’s why most of your tests are flat
With today’s tools, anyone can run A/B tests - but it’s not the tool that determines the outcome of the test. The most powerful tool is still your brain.
The outcomes of your experiments are mostly determined by what you test and the right treatments. Most people who run tests, but are not getting uplifts, are just doing it wrong. They’re either doing spaghetti testing (“maybe this will work!”), building tests based on gut feelings, or are just tinkering with the small stuff (button colors or font sizes) instead of solving problems.
The “secret sauce” to getting more wins - and bigger wins - is about the process for identifying the biggest opportunities, and coming up with optimal solutions. It’s also about statistics: knowing when you have a false negative on your hands, and when to stop the tests to begin with.
Sometimes it’s the post-test analysis that will give you the insights you need to turn a failing test into a win. You need to know what to look for when you crunch the data.
This course is designed to teach you optimal testing strategies, so you can start winning.
About your instructor:
Ton is one of the most respected practitioners in the conversion optimization space. He’s a sought-after digital optimization expert (over 20 years of experience), and recognized worldwide as an influential thinker, writer, and public speaker on conversion optimization and A/B testing.
He founded Online Dialogue – one of the global thought leaders in evidence-based growth. With his team, he helps and trains companies throughout the world to be effective at data-informed growth.
What people have said about Ton's courses and workshops
Ton is able to transfer his many years of knowledge and experience in optimization to an inspiring and valuable course. Great for existing and new conversion optimization specialists both.
He enriches all those loose bits of knowledge you already have with new insights - and makes you understand the big picture of conversion optimization.
In just 8 sessions, you’ll learn how to:
- Get more wins through a long term impact optimization process.
- Calculate where to run experiments, and with what impact.
- Make hypothesis based on data and psychology.
- Prioritize test hypotheses and experiments.
- Design, start, and stop experiments at the right time.
- Come up with proper insights from experiments run.
- Build up a knowledge library on validated user insights.
- Scale your digital experimentation efforts.
Your 4-week live class schedule:
Each live class is 45-60 minutes, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 pm CST.
Class recordings and resources remain available indefinitely. Those who attend live have the opportunity to take part in Q&A.
Everyone will have access to the Facebook discussioon group where Ton will answer your questions and give feedback during the weeks that the course is live. The group will be archived after the course ends.
A/B testing mastery
FACT & ACT process
In this class, Ton shares the real value of running online experiments.
ROAR & testing bandwidth calculations
This class covers where you can run experiments.
Customer behavior study
From data, to insights, to setting hypotheses, this class is a how-to on running customer base studies.
Ton shares best practices for determining how to prioritize hypotheses and experiments.
How should you set up, design, build, and measure your experiments? Ton answers these questions (including stopping rules).
Ton explains the best ways to analyze and present experiment findings.
Building up your knowledge database
What kind of insights should you be collecting? How can you best scale your optimization efforts?
Comparing different tests
In this class, Ton compares A/B testing vs. multivariate testing vs. bandit vs. AI, and when each should be used.
Show Off Your New Skills: Get a Certificate of Completion
Once the course is over, pass a test to get CXL certified in A/B testing.
Why you'll learn more from live classes
In short: You'll actually make time for learning.
Most people don't ever complete self-study courses. It's difficult to prioritize learning over urgent items on your to-do list. (Hey, we’re all busy.)
How do we know?
- A 2015 study shows that the current average completion rate for MOOCs (Coursera, edX, Udacity) is approximately 15%. So 85% drop-off rate. The course that received a Coursera award for having the highest completion rate — wait for it — had a rate of 20%!
- Seth Godin reported that his courses on Udemy and Skillshare have an 80% drop-off rate.
- We've run self-study courses for years, and our numbers confirm this
Around 60% of our users attend every single live class, the rest watch recordings (due to time zone differences, etc). With an 60+ NPS score, our users rank CXL institute courses exceptionally high.
Our #1 goal is customer success... That you actually master this stuff. We're confident that this live class format, bolstered with community, will do it.
- 8 live classes with Ton and your peers.
- An introductory video lesson to bring you up to speed.
- Live Q&A and forum to get personalized feedback from Ton and classmates.
Need help communicating the value of this course to someone else on your manager or teammates?
ENROLL NOW — $499.00
Teams of 2 and more get a 25% discount during checkout.
After completing the payment you can login to the course homepage.
7-day money back guarantee.