Google Analytics for beginners
If you feel flustered when you log into Google Analytics, this course is for you. It will take you from zero to effective in using Google Analytics to improve your marketing efforts.
Enroll in this training program to learn:
- The basics of Google Analytics
- Who your visitors are and where they’re coming from
- What actions your visitors take on the site, what the results of those actions are
- How to analyze and find insights to improve business decisions
…and so much more.
This course is right for you if…
- You feel overwhelmed looking at analytics reports
- You know you should learn more about data analytics, but haven’t explored the topic much
- You’re a marketer whose job could benefit from an increased ability to analyze data
- You have zero to little knowledge on the inner workings of Google Analytics and you’re tired of missing out
This course is probably not for you if…
- You’re an experienced analyst
- You’ve taken any other CXL Institute Google Analytics courses
- You feel comfortable answering business questions with GA data
What skills do I need for this course?
Unsure if this course will be a fit for your level of skills and knowledge? Read on:
How long should I have been working in analytics?
- If you’re currently a professional analyst, you might be overqualified.
- If you have a website but don’t think you’re getting accurate insights from GA, take this course.
- If you’re in any role of marketing (content, customer success, UX, social, branding), you can benefit from learning Google Analytics.
- This is beginner-level and will teach the fundamentals. You don’t necessarily need any skills coming into the class, just a willingness to learn.
What would make a student overqualified for this course?
- If your boss asks you a question about the performance of your site, are you able to jump right into Google Analytics and tell her?
- If analytics is a core part of your job role, you’re probably overqualified.
- Even if you use Google Analytics once in awhile but have never been formally trained, you might learn some fundamentals of the tool in this class.
What you’ll walk away with afterwards
- The ability to answer specific business questions using Google Analytics
- Confidence that your data is accurate and not swayed by bots, spam traffic, or other data tracking issues due to technical implementations
- Knowledge of the inner workings of Google Analytics – essentially, what dimensions, metrics, segments, filters, and reports mean
- The ability to confidently communicate analytics insights with stakeholders and clients
- How to use Google Analytics data to improve product, marketing, and strategy decisions
Get a grasp on the most popular analytics tool in the world
CXL Institute brings you an intensive online training course led by world renowned analytics and tag management expert,
Throughout the course, you’ll:
- Learn to navigate all of the most crucial reports Google Analytics gives you.
- Think like an analyst. How do you approach problems and find answers to business questions? This mindset is the most important part of analytics.
- Use Google Analytics to find conversion opportunities, analyze marketing campaigns, and learn more about user behavior.
- Feel more comfortable providing quantitative answers and solutions to your business questions.
Why Chris Mercer?
Mercer (as he’s known) is the co-founder of Seriously Simple Marketing and has been helping marketers, marketing teams, and agencies implement and unlock the power of Google Analytics since 2013.
He has spoken at conferences around the globe, including Traffic & Conversion, Digital Elite Camp, Performance Marketing Summit and Conversion Conference.
What people have to say about Chris and this course:
I watched the entire course 5 times! I was only getting limited credit for my work, as many visitors would bounce, but return to company main site.
I have now been able to extend my conversion tracking to the company site as well as cross-domain tracking and events. I also have sent out a new client proposal for GA set up. Before I had only ever done Adwords and Landers.
When I have an advanced issue with Google Analytics — I call Mercer. He just flat out knows his stuff when it comes to conversion rate optimization and analytics.
You don’t just need analytics, you need analytics you can trust and professionals who can make heads or tails of it. When it comes to implementing systems I trust Chris Mercer.
Google Analytics for Beginners
Getting started with Google Analytics
This class will get you acquainted with the most popular analytics tool. You’ll learn what it’s for, what it can do, and how to properly set up your Google Analytics accounts. Finally, you’ll learn the vernacular of Google Analytics - what the data in the reports actually means.
- Setting up accounts, properties, and views.
- Dimensions vs Metrics
- Hit-level, session-level, and user-level data
- Integrating with Adwords, Data Studio, and other Google products
Who are my visitors?
Let’s take a deep dive on a critical question: “who are my visitors?”
Where do they live? What are their demographics? What devices do they use? This type of information can help you segment your traffic, improve marketing campaigns, and optimize your site for your specific visitors.
- Audience reports
- Device and browser reports
Where are my visitors coming from?
This session will answer the question, “where are my visitors coming from?” It’s important to analyze this data to find out which marketing campaigns are successful, and which ones aren’t. You’ll learn how to track campaigns past what GA tracks out-of-the-box to get insights on specific acquisition campaigns.
- UTM campaign tagging
- Acquisition reports
- Answering actual business questions related to marketing.
What are the results of my visitors’ actions?
This session answers two questions: “what actions are my visitors taking?” and "what are the results of my visitors’ actions?"
We go through Behavior and Conversions reports and show you basic goal and event tracking. We’ll also go through ecommerce specific reports
- Behavior and Conversion Reports
- Goal and event tracking
- Basic ecommerce reports and analyzing behavioral data.
Show off your new skills: Get a certificate of completion
Once you’ve completed the course, pass a test to get certified in Google Analytics.
Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or just get that well-earned raise you’ve been waiting for.
Need help getting your employer to pay for this program?
Enroll to CXL Institute now:
Some of the companies that train their teams here: