Landing Page Optimization Course
This course will give you the skills you need to approach any landing page optimization project with the confidence of a pro optimizer.
In just 4 weeks you will...
- Learn how to analyze landing pages and build an effective optimization strategy
- Get a toolbox of practical research methods and optimization tactics including GA reports and auditing processes
- Establish a deeper understanding of core principles of psychology and neuroscience
- Learn how to conduct crucial conversion research (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Improve your design and copywriting skills
- Have a ton of fun while learning awesome skills from your instructor!
This live course starts on June 05, 2018.
What do you do when the awesome landing page you spent weeks developing simply doesn’t perform?
The easy answer is “Start optimizing!” But that introduces a whole series of difficult questions: Where do I start? How do I figure out what the problem is? Should I start testing right away? Do research first? If so, what kind? What if my efforts backfire?
In this course, you'll learn solid processes for analyzing your landing pages, conducting appropriate research and applying the right optimization tactics. We'll get into user psychology, some neuroscience, copy, design, information hierarchy and not least, qualitative and qualitative conversion research.
If you want a reliable, data- and research-informed approach to landing page optimization, this is the course for you.
This course is right for you if...
- You get nervous when your manager or clients ask you to optimize an important campaign landing page.
- Your optimization efforts are based on more or less random ideas and gut feeling and you are not getting satisfying results.
- You’d like a more structured and strategic approach that is based on research, data and user psychology.
This course is NOT for you if...
- You want “5 quick hacks guaranteed to increase conversions on any landing page!”
- You believe that LPO is a simple process of running as many A/B tests as possible.
- You think that landing page experience isn’t that important to your business.
Skills you should have before taking this course:
This course is essentially suitable for everyone, however, it is an advantage if you have:
- A general understanding of Google Analytics
- Previous experience creating/optimizing landing pages
- Basic understanding of user research
About your instructor:
Michael Aagaard has been a full-time CRO since 2008 and has helped companies all over the world improve their online businesses. He has worked with everything from SaaS to non-profit and has experience as an external consultant and as an in-house conversion optimizer.
Michael's approach to CRO revolves around user research and consumer psychology. He is a sought-after international keynote speaker and is generally known as one of the most passionate and enthusiastic people in the industry.
Why we hand-selected Michael to teach this course
Michael is a true leader in the CRO industry. He is one of the few optimizers that truly "gets it". His approach is based on solid research - not speculation and guesswork.
Michael has consistently outperformed our expectations and brought a high degree of innovation and professionalism to our CRO efforts. He has replaced guesswork with a solid, research-based methodology.
Michael is the most fearless, curious CRO I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. He's one of those rare talents that can combine left- and right-brain thinking to craft intensely interesting data-driven experiments. The cherry on top? You don't just wanna work with him - you also wanna grab a beer (or three) with him.
Live course curriculum
Classes are 60 min and take place 11:00am Central Tuesday/Thursday.
Landing page optimization
Understanding the Landing Page Experience
Your landing page is just one piece in a much bigger puzzle. Creating an awesome and effective landing page experience is about much more than just what goes on on the page itself. In this kickoff session, we’ll dive into the complexities and multiple aspects that influence the final user experience.
Psychology and Neuroscience Fundamentals
Understanding how the brain works and how humans make decisions are two very important aspects of creating a good landing page experience. In this lesson, we’ll look at fundamentals principles and how you can leverage these in your optimization efforts.
Information Hierarchy and Wireframing
A logical and well-structured information hierarchy is the backbone of any high-converting landing page. Building wireframes early on help you visualize, structure and critique the ideas you have in your head and facilitate collaboration.
Gathering quantitative data is a very important step in LPO. This insight gives you an overview of what users are doing where things are going wrong. Moreover, it provides you with important insight on who your target audience is and how they interact with your landing page.
Where quantitative research helps you answer “where”, “what” and “who”, qualitative research helps you answer “why” questions. This is the insight that you simply cannot get from analytics - and therefore absolutely critical to the entire optimization process.
Landing Page Copywriting and Design
A crash-course in copywriting and design. We’ll cover the most important aspects of copy and design and look at how the two support each other in the conversion experience.
Putting it All Together: How to Audit Landing Pages and Build an Optimization Strategy
This session is all about putting everything you’ve learned in the course together into a solid practical process: from audit to optimization strategy.
Interactive Q&A session
By the end of the course, we will have covered a lot of ground and done a lot of exercises. The last session gives you the opportunity to ask clarifying questions, show some of our work and fill in potential gaps.
You will also get introductory video lessons
In addition to classes, you’ll get access to snack-sized video lessons with actionable assignments to bring you up to speed before the course starts.
Show Off Your New Skills:
Get a Certificate of Completion
Once the course is over, pass a test to earn a CXL certification.
Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or just get that well-earned raise you’ve been waiting for.
Why you'll learn more from live classes
In short: You'll actually make time for learning.
Most people don't ever complete self-study courses. It's difficult to prioritize learning over urgent items on your to-do list. (Hey, we’re all busy.)
How do we know?
- A 2015 study shows that the current average completion rate for MOOCs (Coursera, edX, Udacity) is approximately 15%. So 85% drop-off rate. The course that received a Coursera award for having the highest completion rate — wait for it — had a rate of 20%!
- Seth Godin reported that his courses on Udemy and Skillshare have an 80% drop-off rate.
- We've run self-study courses for years, and our numbers confirm this
Our previous live coaching classes have had over 90% completion rates. Around 60% attended every single live class, the rest watched recordings (due to time zone differences, etc).
Our #1 goal is customer success... That you actually master this stuff. We're confident that this live class format will do it.
- 8 in-depth live classes with Michael.
- Actionable introductory videos (with assignments) to get you up to speed before the course starts.
- Access to a private, members-only discussion group with Michael and your peers.
Need help communicating the value of this course to a teammate or manager?
Use this PDF
Enrollment ends in:
ENROLL NOW — $499.00
Teams of 2 and more get a 25% discount during checkout.
After completing the payment you can login to the course homepage.
7-day money back guarantee.