Optimizing your marketing tech stack
Many companies have just begun their data driven transition, but lack the fundamentals they need to even track ROI from their marketing campaign. Your stack is where you solve that problem.
Just having Google Analytics and trusting your gut will get you eaten. Stop messing around and build out your stack to accomplish marketing automation, sales automation, business intelligence and a whole host of other things inside your company.
In this 8-class live training program, you'll learn:
- How to choose and setup the right tools for your stack.
- How to seamlessly integrate them to build a holistic marketing machine.
- To ultimately convert more customers using your stack.
This live course starts on May 16th, 2018.
This course is right for you if...
- You've done some exploring, but aren't sure which tools will yield the best value.
- You've begun to collect data from various tools but lack an understanding of how the parts fit together.
- You are interested in exploring marketing automation, analytics, CRM, data piping, support system, live chat system, community forms and even prospecting tools.
This course is NOT for you if...
- You can't stand looking at numbers, graphs, data.
- You are not currently working in any sort of marketing stack or marketing tool.
- You want to learn about advertising or content marketing tools.
- Want to take a deep dive on technical integration using tag manager or code.
Skills you should have:
- General understanding of marketing automation.
- Have used Google Analytics for reporting.
- Basic understanding of how to integrate tools.
Have the right tools for your business
There are so many tools on the market right now it can be hard to even choose an email provider. Learn how to build a quick product matrix to ensure the right tool.
Be able to build an integration plan and keep everyone on track
Every marketing tech stack requires integration. Getting the planning right is the most critical part of having a successful stack.
Get engineering to do the integration
The Engineering team will appreciate your focus on detail and be supportive of your goals. With the right approach and structured plan, you will win over engineering.
Improve Conversion rates of your marketing
With your new tool stack you will be able to do wild and crazy things. Your analytics alone will tell you exactly what is or is not working.
With a completely integrated stack you will improve your conversions with marketing automation, ab testing and data-driven decision.
About your instructor:
Dan is a seasoned veteran of the growth marketing and analytics space with a passion and talent for helping companies extract and interpret the right data to grow their businesses. He is currently the CMO and Founder of Effin Amazing, an analytics and growth consultancy specialized in using data and analytics tools to increase mid-funnel and bottom-funnel conversion rates.
Dan previously served as the Head of Marketing as Kissmetrics, where he oversaw marketing strategy for the brand. He’s also spent time as a mentor at 500 Startups and works as a CMO consultant for a number of high growth companies.
He does implementation, ongoing professional support, and data analysis for a variety of clients. By leveraging your customer and product data, he extracts insights that will grow your business exponentially.
Why we hand-selected Dan to teach this course
Dan is one of the most effective marketers I know because he goes beyond lame growth hacks and actually improves the product so it markets itself. Then he finds ways to form partnerships that amplify that growth.
There is a massive talent gap in the industry today when it comes to Marketing Operations pros. Fortunately, this is where Effin Amazing comes in.
From Marketing Automation platforms to Web Analytics and Pipeline Attribution Dan McGaw and his team bring a wealth of experience to the table to help your business scale revenue and reach digital domination.
Dan helped us become a data-driven organization which gave us the power to achieve a 35% growth in blog traffic in 1 month and a 38% increase in revenue in 3 months.
In just 8 sessions,
you’ll be able to:
- Select the right tools for your stack and set them up in an integrated way.
- Work with your team, especially development, in a detail-oriented way that lightens the load for others.
- Selectively analyze your data to make informed business decisions that improve conversion.
Your 4-week live class schedule:
Each live class is 50-60 minutes, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:00 a.m. CST. Folks in Europe can tune in in the evenings.
Recordings of all classes are made available indefinitely. Those who attend live will have the opportunity to take part in Q&A.
Everyone will have access to the forum where Dan will answer your questions and provide feedback during the weeks that the course is live. The group will be archived after the course ends.
Optimizing your marketing tech stack
What is a tech stack?
- What's included in your stack?
- How do you choose tools to be in your stack?
- What is best for your particular business model?
Website and landing page tool section
You have traffic, but you want to convert it. You need a landing page tool, but what's best for you and how do you set it up?
- How to determine what to use for your website.
- How to set it up once you've found the right solution.
- Avoid falling into the trap of a custom coded site built in a language marketers can't write.
- Landing page building and optimizing strategies.
How to track the folks on your site
You already have people on your site, so how can we quantify what they're doing?
- What do we do if we have offline orders?
- How do we track different behaviors on our site and draw insights from that?
- Case study of finding new customers for read thread
- A/B testing tools you can use for different purposes
- Which tool is right for you?
- Things to look out for when using these tools.
Marketing automation section
- Lead scoring and how to turn prospects into MQLs.
- technological implementation of lead scoring.
- Specifics of how to create personalized journeys.
- Using text messaging in automation to increase conversion.
Whether you're starting with salesforce or another CRM, you need to prepare your data for import into the CRM.
- How to get your current data into salesforce.
- Learn what custom fields you can add to your CRM to help you improve your tracking, reporting, and conversions.
- Set up data enrichment to enhance your sales flow.
- Get the data you need from 3rd party services like Clearbit, Builtwith, and more.
Outbound and prospecting and cold email section
Generating leads can be a bottleneck, but with the right mix of tools you can easily end up with more than you initially thought you wanted.
- How to do prospecting for your brand.
- Choosing the right tool to do prospecting (with specific suggestions and tips).
- Choosing the right outbound email tool.
- Understanding the landscape for sending cold email and elevating that to the next level with right process and tool strategies.
- Personalization at scale - how to be unique in your messaging and use automated personalization to get replies.
- Improved reporting: how to get the best & most relevant data on what the customer is actually doing.
- How to track phone calls: setup the correct tracking to understand what traffic drives phone calls from your site.
- Making sure you have data passing through to your analytics tools from other integration is imperative.
- More hacks.
- Building funnels & funnel optimization.
You will also get introductory
In addition to classes, you’ll get access to snack-sized video lessons to bring you up to speed on the course topics.
- Why to use a tag manager, segment, or tealium
- Go see this course for tag manager
Show Off Your New Skills: Get a Certificate of Completion
Once the course is over, pass a test to get CXL certified in building a marketing tech stack.
Why you'll learn more from live classes
In short: You'll actually make time for learning.
Most people don't ever complete self-study courses. It's difficult to prioritize learning over urgent items on your to-do list. (Hey, we’re all busy.)
How do we know?
- A 2015 study shows that the current average completion rate for MOOCs (Coursera, edX, Udacity) is approximately 15%. So 85% drop-off rate. The course that received a Coursera award for having the highest completion rate — wait for it — had a rate of 20%!
- Seth Godin reported that his courses on Udemy and Skillshare have an 80% drop-off rate.
- We've run self-study courses for years, and our numbers confirm this
Around 60% of our users attend every single live class, the rest watch recordings (due to time zone differences, etc). With an 60+ NPS score, our users rank CXL institute courses exceptionally high.
Our #1 goal is customer success... That you actually master this stuff. We're confident that this live class format, bolstered with community, will do it.
Enroll with the early bird special
- 8 live classes with Dan and your peers.
- Introductory video lessons to bring you up to speed.
- Live Q&A and forum to get personalized feedback from Dan and classmates.
Use the coupon code "early bird" for $100 off.
Need help communicating the value of this course to someone else on your team?
ENROLL NOW —
Teams of 2 and more get a 25% discount during checkout.
After completing the payment you can login to the course homepage. 7-day money back guarantee.