Get results with high-impact product marketing
Product Marketing for Technology Companies
By Lucas Weber, Product Marketing Manager @ Nosto
Course length: 6 online classes
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
Product marketing is your company’s best growth lever.
So why aren’t more marketers upskilling in this area?
From positioning to designing a measurable product launch, learn how to make product marketing a cross-functional powerhouse for your business.
Becoming a product marketing pro
The role of a product marketing manager is to act as the glue between marketing and product teams.
But navigating the ambiguity between two very different teams with unique (often competing) goals is never easy.
This course teaches you the skills needed to be a product marketing manager who builds alignment, wins sales and drives results.
What this course will teach you …
- How to coordinate a product marketing launch to drive leads, sales and customer retention.
- A framework for measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of product marketing on business growth.
- How to use battlecards, flowcharts, and competitor analyses to make data-driven decisions and get internal buy-in.
After taking this course, you’ll:
- Be able to build and launch high-impact product marketing launches for your company.
- Develop messaging and positioning frameworks that make your product stand out and win sales.
- Know how to turn product marketing into a conversion and sales engine for your company.
- Create high-converting content that aligns messaging with customer needs and values.
This course is right for you if …
- You are considering a career as a Product Marketing Manager
- You already work as a Product Marketing Manager in a SaaS, B2B, or B2C company and are interested in upskilling to improve results.
- You already have many years of experience in the role and are looking for new inspiration and strategies.
- You already have many years of experience in the role and are looking for new inspiration and strategies
This course is probably not for you if…
- You work as a developer or have little or nothing to do with marketing or sales.
Skills you should have before taking this course:
- Basic understanding of sales and marketing and their respective roles within the company.
- Basic understanding of the marketing funnel, lead nurturing, customer retention, and developing marketing campaigns.
- Basic understanding of product management and developers as well as your company’s chosen development methodologies and tools.
About your instructor, Lucas Weber
Lucas Weber began his career as a Software Product Manager until finding his calling as a Software Product Marketing Manager, which utilizes his talents for communicating development “tech talk” into marketing and sales messaging and for positioning a product for success in companies of all sizes.
Your full course curriculum:
Product marketing for technology companies
The Hybrid Role
- Position yourself to receive and accept crucial information within your company which is a key element in building your product positioning and messaging
- Craft your storytelling through best practices to ensure that your message gets through to your target audience
- Bridge the gap between development, marketing, and sales within your organization
- Public Speaking
- Hybrid Role
- Align with the marketing team’s objectives and enable the team to reach them by supporting the marketing funnel
- Successfully build customer success/case studies based on four crucial elements
- Identify and ask the right questions when visiting prospects and customers to effectively build the right positioning and messaging for your products and to further empower your development team with valuable feedback
- Define and differentiate the Product Marketing Manager’s role within Marketing
- Building Case Studies
- Visiting Customers & Prospects
- Internal Company Events
- Analyst Relations
Product Management and Development
- Define different types of product launches which are recognized across both product and marketing
- Organize and lead a product-focused marketing campaign from beginning to end
- Increase both sales and stickiness through different forms of in-product marketing
- Development Methodology and Tools
- Product Launches
- Product-focused Campaigns
- Product Roadmaps
- Technical Support and User Groups
- In-product Marketing
- Distill important information into key learnings for a sales team
- Onboard employees of all business units through various exercises, workshops, and exams to ensure a solid start in your organization
- Setup and manage a scalable Learning Management System for standardized, interactive training sessions to ensure that everyone in your company is up to date on the latest product marketing information
- Sales Team Structure and Goals
- Learning Management Systems
- Onboarding with Playbooks and Battlecards
- Continuous Learning
Product Positioning and Messaging
- Create short and long versions of B2C and B2B buyer personas
- Map out the buyer’s journey and align it with sales enablement activities and material
- Conduct research on how to create your positioning by analyzing competitor positioning and by collecting feedback and insights from inside your company, prospects, and customers
- Create your product positioning and successfully deploy multi-layered messaging
- Buyer Personas
- Buyer's Journey
- Company Internal Research
- Competitor Positioning
- Prospect and Customer Research
- Creating your Positioning and Messaging
Working together with Lucas always results in a successful product launch or high quality material such as a video, white paper, press release, campaign or any other type of marketing collateral.
Lucas is very customer-oriented, creative, effective and professional. He is always able to both set a clear product strategy and reach the targets. He is also able to communicate and translate the product benefits extremely well to both technical and non-technical people, which was fundamental to our marketing team when creating high quality marketing material to support our sales.
Show off your new skills: Get a certificate of completion
Once the course is over, pass a test to earn a CXL certification.
Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or just get that well-earned raise you’ve been waiting for.
Need help getting your employer to pay for this program?
Enroll to CXL Institute now:
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute: