Self-paced online trainings on optimization, analytics, marketing
These world class practitioner-led online trainings will take your hard skills to the next level. All the trainings listed here are the recordings of previous live trainings.
keyboard_arrow_down Self-paced trainings
video_call Upcoming live trainings »
Total time: 7 hours 30 minutes
This 8-class course will teach you…
- A/B testing approaches that work
- How to extract more insights from your tests
- When to run particular experiments (A/B vs MVT vs bandits vs AI)
- How to spot errors in experiment outcomes
- About scaling your optimization impact
Instructor: Ton Wesseling, Founder of Online Dialogue
Google Tag Manager is a powerhouse when it comes to deploying data and advertising code on any given website or mobile app. There are many ways to use a tag management solution, and not all of them leverage the full range of possibilities that efficient use thereof enables. In this 5-class course, we will take an in-depth plunge into what makes Google Tag Manager really shine on a website.
Learn how to acquire more relevant traffic while gaining back lost traffic.
In this 8-class course you will learn how to:
- Find gaps in current search results and capitalize on them
- Build traffic driving assets and avoid building bad ones
- Evaluate how your site touches everyone in the purchase funnel and how to get in front of missing segments
- Create valuable, traffic driving, on-page content that isn’t stock SEO copy
- Identify fallen referral sources and reclaim their traffic & links
- Fix & future proof yourself against algorithm updates/penalties
- Identify & execute on quick wins
Instructor: Adam Melson, Seer Interactive
Total time: ~4 hr
Optimizing conversion rates actually means changing buyer behavior. Learn how the human brain really works, and how you can leverage that knowledge to increase sales and conversions. Most optimizers already know something about persuasion, cognitive biases, and behavioral economics. This course goes beyond the fundamentals.
In this 5-class course you will learn:
- Neuromarketing insights: how people perceive websites and how to control their attention
- Thinking fast and slow: Frameworks to facilitate your conversion analysis
- Optimization strategy: Why and how optimizers should work on brand positioning and corporate values to increase conversions
- Customer Experience: Why the emotions of your customers are an important factor for digital disruption
Instructor: André Morys, CEO & Founder @ konversionsKRAFT (Web Arts AG)
<!--more Welcome to CXL Institute's Applied neuromarketing live course with André Morys. On this dashboard you will find recordings of every live class (posted ~24 hours after class), notes and slides, the introductory video lessons, and the final exam to earn your certification.
To-do list1. Watch the introductory video lessons 2. Add the class schedule to your calendar here 3. Join the Facebook discussion group. This is where we’ll share links to join class, articles and resources, have peer discussions, and André will answer your questions.
Growth is a result of buyer behavior – learn how to be more effective by focusing on customers.
Everybody has a set of preferred values. If you want to sell something, you need to learn how these values affect buyer behavior.
Learn how CX influences growth rates and what is the root of disruptive growth
Class RecordingsRecordings for each of the live classes will be posted here within 24 hours.
Get the bigger picture of neuroscience and neuromarketing. How is it different from psychology? How do the disciplines work together? How can we use this knowledge to lever the potential of customer experience?
- How the brain basically works
- Why customers are not in control of their mind
- Why neuromarketing should be part of the core business model
Most optimizers are familiar with clickmaps and heatmaps from mousetracking or eyetracking. But do you know what stimulus triggers the attention? The eyes are hardwired with the brain and as an optimizer you should know how to influence the customer's behavior.
- People don’t control their attention rationally
- Five proven ways to influence perception
- Why perception is crucial for optimization success
- How to implement it in your process
People buy what makes them a better version of themselves. According to neuromarketing studies, most behavior is influenced by a mechanism of preferences for certain values that is deeply implemented in the human brain.
- How the customer journey starts with emotional decisions
- Understand how your customers really decide
- Mechanisms to influence the customers decision
When we talk about concepts like trust, relevance, or clarity, the customer's brain has made a decision in a couple of milliseconds. This happens a lot of time before the rational part of the brain has a rational explanation of the decision. You can use this principle to increase trustworthiness and perceived usability of your website.
- Understand why the brain makes fast decisions
- Utilize this knowledge for increased trust, relevance, and clarity
- Reduce bounce rates and engage visitors on your page
Optimizing websites actually means changing buyer behavior. Your optimization process is a process that is not effective as long as you don’t implement the core principles of online behavior. Learn how to use neuromarketing principles and how to implement them in your optimization process.
- Disrupt or die: Why CX happens in the mind of the customer and how it affect growth
- The core principles of your optimization process
- Implementing behavioral principles to accelerate your growth
This step-by-step masterclass will show you how to find and grow your tribe. We’ll teach you how to speak to your audience and build a legion of engaged followers by effectively telling your story and creating brand ambassadors. Following our strategic approach we’ll teach you how to test, measure, report and optimize for your business objectives.
In this 3-class course, you’ll learn:
- How to build your brand story and character
- How to emotionally hook your audience into that character and story
- How to find your audience
- How to strategically engage your audience and future customers
- How to measure the effectiveness of your digital strategy
Instructors: David Reeve
As a small business owner or consultant, you need solid branding in order to attract your ideal client. Failing to look as professional as possible will lead to you losing clients to ‘the other guys’. If you want to get step-by-step training towards creating a brand you can be proud of, then this masterclass on branding is for you.
In this 4-class course you will learn how to:
- Plan and outsource your branding for a fraction of what expensive agencies charge
- How to communicate with designers and programmers so you ‘speak their language’ and work efficiently
- Get a realistic timeline of how to build your branded elements and how much it will cost
- Quick ‘time hacks’ to help you build a brand you are proud of in just a few weeks
- A complete blueprint for how to keep your brand fresh once you’ve launched it
Instructor: Mike Murphy, M.L.Murphy Productions
Running A/B tests is the “easy part”. Running an optimization program in a company is a lot harder. If you want to encourage a culture of experimentation but don’t know how to get started or move to the next level then this course is for you.
In this 4-class course you will learn how to:
- Setup your optimization team and keep everyone motivated towards the same goal
- Engage stakeholders, developers and other departments when they have their own agenda
- Build a structured CRO process that will drastically improve your testing velocity
- Emulate successful companies with fast moving testing programs
- Create a roadmap for the growth of your own optimization program
Total time: 4 hours 20 min
Instructor: Manuel Da Costa, Effective Experiments
Most personas are nothing more than fluff or subjective ideation. This course will teach you to combine qualitative research with quantitative methods to build truly representative personas in a research-based method that is both fast and rigorous.
In this 8-class course, you’ll:
- Practice methods of conducting successful interviews to validate and gather qualitative data
- Understand how to integrate survey data with warehouse data
- Learn how persona building and applications vary by industry
- Apply these learnings to your own data in an intimate workshop setting
This comprehensive conversion optimization program will help you become a conversion optimization expert.
Once you complete all the required courses inside, you will unlock the certification test. Pass the test and become a CXL Certified Optimizer.
Total time approximation: ~167 hours
Want a custom learning plan? Message us on livechat.
Learn the art of CRO from the experience of the best agencies and practitioners in the world. You will learn about improving the entire lifecycle of your product – from building the offering, team and methodology – to pitching, winning and delivering successful client engagements.
In this 11-class course you will learn:
- All the components you need to run a successful CRO function or agency
- What people, processes, tools and methodologies you really need
- How to win business with a credible offering in a competitive market
- What stuff you need to find, prioritise and experiment with client opportunities
- How to manage the entire client lifecycle from pitch and kickoff to long term value
Instructor: Craig Sullivan
Total time (Videos): 18 hours 38 min
Most marketers struggle with getting enough relevant traffic to their sites. This program will help you develop in-depth customer acquisition skills. It also happens to be one of the most marketable skills a marketer can have.
This exclusive 16-class master course will teach you how to….
- Go from no plan to a robust 12-month customer acquisition strategy.
- Build a search marketing acquisition machine that only gets better with time.
- Achieve top rankings on Google in less time and with less effort.
- Optimize paid search to acquire customers cheaper than competitors.
- Convert more customers when they land on your site.
Instructors: Dan Shure & Jonathan Dane
Welcome to your course dashboard. All classes can be found here.
The Data Studio Masterclass is an online training program that dives into the Google’s new powerful solution for creating interactive dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.
Enroll in this 4-class Data Studio course to learn:
- How to connect any data source to Data Studio.
- Best practices for creating and presenting data reports.
- Advanced visualization principles to tell better data stories.
- How to weave different visuals and data sources to simplify complex data stories.
Instructor: Ian Littlejohn, ExcelBusinessIntelligence.com
Get a proven user research framework you can use to make more money without spending more money on acquisition.
In this 8-class course you will learn how to:
- Use user research tools and techniques to uncover usability and UX problems on any site.
- Implement a proven, repeatable process that will result in more revenue per visitor.
- Extract the highest value insights from Google Analytics, heatmaps, user recordings and form analytics.
- Apply Karl’s 15 years of UX and usability experience to your site right away.
Instructor: Karl Gilis
This in-depth, self-study training program will give you the knowledge and resources you need to become an expert in digital analytics.
Pass all 3 final exams (Google Analytics, Presenting Data, and Google Tag Manager) with a 90% to become a CXL Institute Certified Digital Analyst. You can reattempt any exam after 24 hours.
This in-depth, self-study training program will give you the knowledge and resources you need to become an expert in persuasion psychology.
The program is a curation of premium training material: video lessons, research studies, academic reading, study guides, and more.
Total Time: 11h 17m
Double your ecommerce business in one year. Get a strategic framework that has worked to grow countless ecommerce businesses.
What if each email you sent earned you a 2000% return on investment? Email marketing produces the highest return on investment of any medium, garnering on average $28 for every $1 you invest. That is, if you do it right. So, is your email program up to snuff?
Ok, be honest: Do you even know your email ROI? How much revenue do you make per email subscriber? From driving engagement to fine-tuning your list and timing, Jessica Best will help you get your current strategy into the best shape it can be. She’ll teach you how to grow it to the next level with a larger subscriber base, the latest in content and creative, and data-driven email programs that produce a $20-to-$1 ROI.
This 4-class course will cover:
- How to ensure your emails actually make you a return on investment, addressing the basics first
- Email content and list growth optimization
- How to develop an email program with data that drives up your return on email marketing investment
Instructor: Jessica Best, Director of Data-Driven Marketing @ Barkley
Everyone thinks they know Excel, but this dismissive assumption may be costing you a lot of growth opportunities and wholly avoidable headaches. Learn to make the most of your raw data in this highly actionable course for experienced marketers.
This 4 class course will teach you:
- Different methods to reduce and check for errors
- Incorporating formulas and troubleshooting
- Downloading and analyzing keyword data from a variety of tools
- Working with Google Analytics and Google Search Console data in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Third-party Tools to help with integrating data sources
- Visualizing your data: pivot tables and charts
Instructor: Fred Pike
Total time: 4 hours 15 min
Total time: 3 hours 30 min
Almost all websites contain some sort of form. From ‘contact us’ forms, to sign up pages and even checkouts for e-commerce businesses, forms play a vital role in converting website visitors into customers. So why don’t people pay more attention to them?
In this 3-class course, you will learn how to:
- Build forms that convert visitors into customers
- Avoid cart abandonment due to needless friction and form fields
- Design forms that successfully generate traffic, register new customers, and make purchases
Instructor: Tom New, Formisimo
Designing and running websites can be incredibly frustrating. You see a large number of users visiting your site, and yet, so few of them take action. It is maddening!
This introductory course will teach you how to understand better the ways users think and leverage that to encourage them to complete your calls to action.
In this 4-class course, you’ll learn to:
- Understand psychology and how it influences our decisions.
- Elicit trust through your website.
- Build a user interface that persuades users to take action.
- Craft compelling copy and calls to action.
- Evaluate an existing web page and identify ways it could be more persuasive.
Instructor: Paul Boag, Founding partner @ Boagworks Ltd
Perfect for the complete Google Analytics newbie, this course will get you from “What’s a bounce rate?” to “Finally! I know where my results are coming from!”
In this 4-class course you will learn how to:
- Figure out who your visitors are
- Know how your visitors are finding you
- Determine the specific actions that your visitors are taking
- Measure the results of your visitors actions
- Use Google Analytics to help you make better optimization decisions
Instructor: Chris Mercer
What do you see when you open Google Analytics? Most marketers just see data they’re not sure what to do with. They struggle to find the insights they need to solve real business problems and run smarter A/B tests. This screensharing training program will show you how to dig for those insights and make informed, data-driven decisions.
Enroll in this 8-class Google Analytics course to learn how to…
- Know what to look for and how to make sense of the data
- Segment your data to identify the insights hiding below the surface.
- Find the biggest conversion opportunities for your site, leading to smarter optimization decisions and more testing wins.
- Analyze the performance and ROI of SEO, PPC, social media, and email.
Instructor: Yehoshua Coren
In this 8-class course, you will learn GTM to 10x your effectiveness as a marketer by giving you power and control over your data measurement. If you’re on a small team, you’ll be a hero. If you’re a marketer or an analyst at a larger organization, the value you bring to your role will drastically increase.
This course will give you:
- A knowledge of how to use Google Tag Manager to deploy third-party tracking scripts.
- The power to set up tracking without having to rely on a developer.
- A system you can immediately use to make sure all of your tags (HotJar, Optimizely, Mixpanel, etc.) stay organized.
Instructor: Chris Mercer
Learn to accelerate your business by running growth experiments, optimizing the channels that work best for you, and scaling your growth program.
On this dashboard you will find links to every course, office hours, event videos, and the final exam to earn your certification.
Time to complete minidegree (approximation):
In progress Completed
- Add the office hours schedule to your calendar here
- Join the Facebook discussion group. This is where we’ll share links to join office hours, articles and resources, have peer discussions, and the moderator will answer your questions.
- Check the office hours for recordings of previous sessions, notes, and homework.
Total time: 6 hours
How you approach conversion optimization determines how successful your efforts will be. If you’ve got a list of tactics, you’ll likely fail and the program will fizzle out. If you’ve got strategic frameworks and processes, you’ll win.
In this 8-class course you will learn:
- Proven frameworks to guide your conversion audits
- Basic cognitive psychology to understand implicit user motivations
- A structured way to add more value to your CRO program right out of the gate
- New tools to find untapped opportunity areas for optimization
Instructor: André Morys
Learn how to systematically tune your Facebook ad campaigns, whether for your own business or for clients, to reliably generate engagement, leads, and conversions. Streamline the process of pinpointing conversion issues. Use templates we provide to simplify performance reporting and managing other team members.
In this 7-class course, you will learn how to:
- Build and document a Facebook Strategy via GCT (Goals, Content, Targeting) funnels.
- Troubleshoot why ads aren’t working– diagnose common problems related to pixels, campaign organization, GA numbers not tying, ad disapprovals, frequency burnout, relevance score penalties, and ads that won’t spend.
- Figure out which targets to hit at each point in the funnel– organize the right audience combinations with naming conventions, UTM parameters, and pre-made views.
- Spend money more effectively– Reliably forecast traffic and revenue performance based on remarketing and lookalike audiences combos.
- Simplify campaigns to scale up– Use the MAA (metrics, analysis, action) Method to document what’s working and quickly eliminate losers.
Instructor: Dennis Yu
This course is for those who want to master Google Analytics. This course is not for beginners!
We will move away from reporting on monthly users & page views and spend a significant amount of time on how to customize Google Analytics for your business or use case. You will learn how to build audiences that not only uncover powerful insights about your users but allow you to drive powerful acquisition and retention campaigns. All of this will wrap up with all of the essentials for e-commerce, mobile apps & cross-device and Google’s new Data Studio product.
In this 8-class course you will learn:
- The Right Google Analytics Implementation
- Ability to Build and Identify Audiences
- Rich Attribution Modeling (No More Last-Click)
- Powerful Customizations
- Enterprise E-Commerce Capabilities
- Cross-Device and Mobile App Insights
- Data Studio Expertise
Instructor: Charles Farina
Have you been using Google Tag Manager for a while, but feel like there is more that you could be doing? The same knowledge and strategies incorporated in this training are also used in enterprise level companies around the world. This course goes beyond simply demonstrating how to navigate and setup GTM, to how GTM works and how to make it work for you.
In this 8-class course you will learn:
- What drives GTM under the hood, in-depth
- How to use the seldom used pieces of GTM that are often the most powerful
- A thorough process of Quality Assurance and debugging updates made to GTM
Instructor: Jacob Shafer
All classes are at 11am Central. Join here.
What do you do when the awesome landing page you spent weeks developing simply doesn’t perform? The easy answer is “Start optimizing!” But that introduces a whole series of difficult questions: Where do I start? Should I start testing right away? Do research first? If so, what kind? What if my efforts backfire? This course will teach you how to answer questions like these, and will give you the skills you need to approach any landing page optimization project with the confidence of a pro optimizer.
In this 4-week, 8-class course you will:
- Gain the skills to approach any LPO project with the confidence of a pro optimizer
- Find out how to analyze landing pages and build your optimization strategy
- Get a toolbox of practical research methods and optimization tactics including GA reports and auditing processes
- Learn from an instructor with 10 years of hands-on CRO/LPO experience
Instructor: Michael Aagaard, Senior Conversion Optimizer, International Keynote Speaker & Public Speaking Coach
How many of your customers buy one time and never come back? How much do you spend on advertising that never results in a repeat sale? How many satisfied customers never leave you a review? A lack of email strategy may be costing more than you think.
In this 4-class course, you’ll learn how to:
- Drive more sales while creating less content, and sending fewer promotions
- Turn your email marketing system into a sales machine that drives profitable growth
- Capture more quality leads and drive more sales through email marketing
Instructor: Austin Brawner. Director, CEO @ BrandGrowthExperts.com
Do you use A/B testing? Are you under pressure to deliver higher conversion rates and have heard of personalization? This course is a practical primer for those who know site optimization and want to begin using personalization to deliver better lift
In this 8-class course you will:
- Learn about the different types of personalization
- Structure a personalization strategy
- Find the right data and customer segmentation to support your personalization
- Evaluate and pick the right tool for you and your business
- Analyze and frame results to evangelize your wins internally (if in-house) or to client (if agency)
- Use personalization together with other technologies like account based marketing, SEO, and A/B testing
Instructor: Guy Yalif, Intellimize
Total Time: 13 hours 45 min
Once you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Discover compelling product messages
- Craft irresistible value propositions that boost conversions
- Apply a persuasive flow & narrative to your core messages
- Transform raw messages into powerfully convincing copy
- Format your landing page copy for optimal engagement
Instructor: Momoko Price
If you’ve ever wondered how Slack, Dropbox, or even Trello grew to be such unbeatable juggernauts in their industry, it’s because they executed on a product-led growth strategy. When it comes to growing SaaS companies, most people are following a traditional, top-down approach and using demo requests as the main way of qualifying new business. This course will show you how you can adopt a bottom-up marketing approach and build a sustainable, product-led growth engine.
In this 5-week, 8-class course you’ll learn how to:
- Put together a successful product-led growth strategy that will help you get some quick wins under your belt before the course is even finished
- Avoid some of the most painful bottlenecks when it comes to acquiring and activating free trial and freemium users
- Help more people experience the core value of your product and (actually) want to upgrade
Instructor: Wesley Bush, Marketing Scientist & Business Owner, Traffic Is Currency
Total time: 3 hours 30 min
Do you have loyal users that love your brand …and want more of them? This course will leave you with a step-by-step implementation guide.
In this 4-class course you will learn:
- To turn your existing users into new users, indefinitely.
- How companies like TOMS, Bonobos, Hotels.com, Shutterly, and more all leveraged their existing customers to grow their organic customer base using referrals (from the guy who built their programs).
- “sideways” strategies: Get referrals that don’t involve you directly asking your users to “refer a friend” again and again.
Instructor: Dominic Coryell
Total time: 8 hours 30 minutes
The way an A/B test is designed and then analyzed determines whether results are deemed a success or a failure, whether changes are implemented (or not), and ultimately whether you’ve made a smart business decision or a terrible one.
Unfortunately, it’s much easier to interpret stats incorrectly than it is to interpret them correctly.
This course will equip you with the proper statistical mindset to get the ROI-positive results on your A/B tests.
In this 8-class course you’ll learn how to…
- Plan maximally efficient A/B tests
- Correctly interpret test results
- Navigate the complexities of MVT, segmentation, multiple KPIs, and concurrent tests
- Plan and analyze sequential tests
Instructor: Georgi Georgiev, Owner @ WebFocus LLC
All-too-often, UX and marketing efforts occur in silos. This course will explore the confluence between the two by demonstrating how to apply UX methodologies and a user-centric mindset to your marketing strategy. With hands-on exercises alongside expert instruction and guidance, you’ll be well-equipped to put your learnings to practice immediately.
In this 8-class course, you will learn to:
- Construct experience maps that analyze current experiences and prioritize future ones.
- Map your product life cycle to align different user states with your business needs.
- Utilize results from user-testing efforts by combining qualitative and quantitative data.
- Best practices and tips for wireframing, user research, and building user journeys.
- Get buy-in for UX by demonstrating and communicating its ROI.
Instructor: Anna Dahlström, Founder @UX Fika