Get a Digital Analytics Minidegree in 8 Weeks
Online, mentor-guided certification training program that will give you in-depth skills for the Google suite of analytics tools. Designed for digital marketers, optimizers and creatives.
Over 50 million websites use Google Analytics, including over 69% of Fortune 500. Google Tag Manager dominates as the most used tag management system. Become great at Google’s suite of digital analytics tools, get a well-paid career.
Become a pro at digital analytics
Professionals with deep knowledge in one area - like digital analytics - are in high demand. Whether you work in marketing, CRO or UX - without data skills you'll become obsolete. This program will turn you into a data-driven specialist who can set up any needed tracking, turn data into insights and money.
Digital analytics is the most sought after specialization in this era of data-driven marketing.
In this online training program, you will learn digital analytics using the Google’s suite of tools, from Google Analytics to Tag Manager to Data Studio. In the end you will have the skills you need to accelerate your career.
With the guidance of mentors and seasoned practitioners in the field, you will graduate with demonstrable skills and a certificate you can rely on.
What You'll Learn and How
Practical, hands-on curriculum teaching you the right skills for the marketplace - created by leading practitioners.
We work with industry experts to determine the most relevant topics. What is useful and in-demand has informed our curriculum more than anything else.
The classes are taught by various top practitioners in the industry, names people in the industry know well. Training content will be a mix of pre-recorded video lessons and live online classes.
We estimate the total effort required at 10-15 hours/week.
Each week you’ll be working on home work assignments to practice what you’ve learned.
What our alumni have to say about this program:
Intro to Digital Analytics
- What and why
- What to measure
- Vanity metrics
Google Analytics 101
- Standard Reports
- Site Speed
- GA setup
- Sessions & users
- Data aggregation
Google Analytics 201
- Audiences (Advanced Segments)
- Attribution & Remarketing
- Custom Dimensions, Metrics & More
- Content Performance
- Custom Reports
- Enhanced Ecommerce
- Audits, Data Quality and QA
- Mobile App & Cross-Device Analytics
Google Analytics 301
- Modifying the tracking code
- Custom variables
- Event tracking
- Data filters and profiles
- Cohort Analysis
- Flow reports
- Lifetime Value
- Admin config
Google Analytics Audit
- Asking business questions
- Auditing what we measure
- Data quality & integrity assessment
- Fixing broken configurations
- How to turn insights into stories
- What’s the best way to present data and insights to executives and clients
Google Tag Manager 101
- Setting Up Your First Tag
- Tracking Scripts & Pixels
- Automatic Link Tracking
- The dataLayer
- Cross-Domain Tracking
- Tracking Engagement
- Setting Up Advanced Ecommerce Tracking
- Google Tag Manager Etiquette: Keeping It Organized
Google Tag Manager 201
- What is GTM Really?
- Create Custom Libraries
- In-Depth Variables
- In-Depth Triggers
- API and Extensions
- Advanced Tag Settings
- Debug and Workflows Mobile Apps
Google Tag Manager 301
- Google Tag Manager's event tracking and how to customize it
- dataLayer and how it feeds data to GTM's internal data model
- Advanced solutions for GA tracking via GTM
- Tips, tricks, and resources for GTM
- Different Attribution models
- Linear and Multi-Touch Attribution
- Assisted Conversions
- Using Google Attribution
Google Data Studio
- Data Source Connections and Requirements
- Data Viz Principles
- Setting Up Reports, Sharing dashboard with individuals and teams
- "Creating calculated metrics
- Using the Data Control to dynamically change Google Analytics data sources
Integrating Google Analytics and Google Sheets
- Using GA API
- Combining different queries and creating the dashboard graphs
- Quality assurance
- Building the queries, Understanding the data model, and validating the data
Excel for Marketers
- Different methods to reduce and check for errors
- Incorporating formulas, troubleshooting
- Downloading and analyzing keyword data from a variety of tools
- Working with Google Analytics and Google Search Console data in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Integrating data sources from 3rd-party tools
- Visualizing your data: pivot tables and charts
Analytics Process and Strategy
- Where all of this fits into the larger picture of analytics and business strategy and what you do to make sure this data is used.
- The process for successful digital Analytics
- Socializing analytical results for enabling business decisions
Future of Analytics
- What comes next in digital analytics?
- The end of cookie-based tracking
- Device graphs
- Career advice for future analysts
World Class Instructors
CEO, Analytics Ninja
Director of Growth & Development, Analytics Pros
Data Visualization + Storytelling Director, Search Discovery
Manager of Technical Services, Analytics Pros
Senior Data Advocate, Reaktor
Managing Director, Northwoods Software
Is this program right for me?
It’s ideal for
- Full-stack marketers / marketing generalists who want to specialize
- People who want to join growth teams
- UX folks working with data and want to get better at it
- Conversion optimization specialists who want to level up in analytics
The skills you gain are industry-agnostic: you can apply them equally well in ecommerce, SaaS or B2B enterprises.
This program is designed to take participants from novice to advanced level specialists in 8 weeks. Being a naturally analytical person helps as do technical skills. Interest in analytics and curiosity in general is a must.
You need to have 15 hrs / week to commit to this. You need to take it seriously to learn.
Join now. Fully self-paced.
All of the content is available instantly online, fully self-paced. Complete at your own pace.
This Digital Analytics Certification Training is a 2-month program. We estimate the total effort required at 10-15 hours/week.
Have you bought any analytics courses from CXL Institute in the past? You might qualify for a discount. Ask us.