Get really, really good at analytics.
The Digital Analytics Minidegree will give you advanced level skills in digital analytics. You will:
- Get strong skills in the Google’s suite of analytics tools like Google Analytics, Tag Manager, and Data Studio.
- Learn data storytelling, presenting insights, and changing minds
- Master the discipline of digital analytics
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
Become a pro at digital analytics
Professionals with deep knowledge in one area – like digital analytics – are in high demand. Whether you work in marketing, CRO, or UX – without data skills you’ll become obsolete. This program will turn you into a data-driven specialist who can set up any needed tracking, and turn data into insights and money.
Digital analytics is the most sought after specialization in this era of data-driven marketing.
In this online training program…
…you will learn digital analytics using the Google’s suite of tools, from Google Analytics to Tag Manager to Data Studio. In addition, you’ll get skills like data storytelling, how to successfully communicate with stakeholders, working with Excel / Google Sheets, and more.
By the end of this program, you’ll have the skills that the market wants – and you need – to accelerate your career.
With the guidance of mentors and seasoned practitioners in the field, you will graduate with demonstrable skills and a certificate you can rely on.
Massive demand for analytics talent
There’s much more demand for digital analysts than there are qualified professionals. Laws of demand and supply result in high salaries. There’s never been a better time to get into digital analytics than right now.
If you do a search on LinkedIn right now for jobs requiring Google Analytics and Tag Manager skills, it’s in the multiple thousands.
What you’ll learn and how
A practical, hands-on curriculum – built by leading practitioners – will teach you the right skills for the marketplace.
We’ve work alongside industry experts to determine the most relevant topics. What’s useful and in-demand has informed our curriculum more than anything else.
Classes are taught by various top practitioners, well-known names in the industry. Program content is a curation of self-paced video courses, so you can learn at a speed that suits your schedule.
Lessons include optional assignments to apply what you’ve learned.
3 cumulative tracks, 130+ hours of videos & study material
Intro to Digital Analytics
- What and why
- What to measure
- Vanity metrics
Google Analytics 101
- Standard reports
- Site speed
- GA setup
- Sessions & users
- Data aggregation
Google Analytics 201
- Audiences (advanced segments)
- Attribution & remarketing
- Custom dimensions, metrics, and more
- Content performance
- Custom reports
- Enhanced ecommerce
- Audits, data quality, and QA
- Mobile app & cross-device analytics
Google Analytics 301
- Modifying the tracking code
- Custom variables
- Event tracking
- Data filters and profiles
- Cohort analysis
- Flow reports
- Lifetime value
- Admin config
Google Analytics Audit
- Asking business questions
- Auditing what we measure
- Data quality & integrity assessment
- Fixing broken configurations
- How to turn insights into stories
- The best ways to present data and insights to executives and clients
Google Tag Manager 101
- Setting up your first tag
- Tracking scripts & pixels
- Automatic link tracking
- The dataLayer
- Cross-domain tracking
- Tracking engagement
- Setting up advanced ecommerce tracking
- Google Tag Manager etiquette: keeping it organized
Google Tag Manager 201
- What is GTM really?
- Creating custom libraries
- In-depth variables
- In-depth triggers
- API and extensions
- Advanced tag settings
- Debug and workflows on mobile apps
Google Tag Manager 301
- Google Tag Manager’s event tracking and how to customize it
- dataLayer and how it feeds data to GTM’s internal data model
- Advanced solutions for GA tracking via GTM
- Tips, tricks, and resources for GTM
- Different attribution models
- Linear and multi-touch attribution
- Assisted conversions
- Using Google Attribution
Google Data Studio
- Data source connections and requirements
- Data visualization principles
- Setting up reports and sharing dashboards with individuals and teams
- Creating calculated metrics
- Using the data control to dynamically change Google Analytics data sources
Integrating Google Analytics and Google Sheets
- Using GA API
- Combining different queries and creating the dashboard graphs
- Quality assurance
- Building the queries, understanding the data model, and validating the data
Excel for marketers
- Different methods to reduce and check for errors
- Incorporating formulas and troubleshooting
- Downloading and analyzing keyword data from a variety of tools
- Working with Google Analytics and Google Search Console data in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Integrating data sources from third-party tools
- Visualizing your data: pivot tables and charts
Analytics process and strategy
- Where all of this fits into the larger picture of analytics and business strategy, and what you do to make sure data actually gets used
- A process for successful digital analytics
- Socializing results for informed business decisions
Future of analytics
- What comes next in digital analytics?
- The end of cookie-based tracking
- Device graphs
- Career advice for future analysts
Our minidegrees are for the most ambitious, badass people only. People going places. These programs will give you advanced level skills, and that’s no easy feat – it takes a LOT of time and dedication.
If you have less than 10 hrs / week to dedicate to learn, look at our individual self-paced courses instead.
World class instructors
Get updates about the Digital Analytics Minidegree program
In addition to updates, you will receive the detailed course syllabus PDF.
How we support you
Throughout the program you can get help from your group mentors and CXL Institute experts.
We will have weekly live webinar sessions with mentors where you can ask anything you need – whether it’s help with your home work, course materials that were covered that week or anything else.
You’ll also be invited into a private Facebook group for analytics related discussions and group support.
Need help with GA or GTM? Check.
Got career related questions? Check.
Need help with something you’re working on? We got you covered.
Is this program right for me?
It’s ideal for
- Full-stack marketers / marketing generalists who want to specialize
- People who want to join growth teams
- UX folks working with data and want to get better at it
- Conversion optimization specialists who want to level up in analytics
The skills you gain are industry-agnostic: you can apply them equally well in ecommerce, SaaS or B2B enterprises.
This program is designed to take participants from novice to advanced level specialists in 8 weeks. Being a naturally analytical person helps as do technical skills. Interest in analytics and curiosity in general is a must.
You need to have 15 hrs / week to commit to this if you want to complete it in 8 weeks. The program is of course self-paced, so you can take all the time you need if you have less hours per week.
What happens after the program ends?
1. Your analytics expertise goes up. Your new skills in Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Data Studio will 10x your effectiveness as a marketer and optimizer.
2. The perception of your expertise goes up. Once you pass the final test, you will become a CXL Certified Digital Analytics specialist and can show off your new skills on your resume and your LinkedIn profile.
Frequently asked questions
- I’m in the UK/Europe/India/Australia/etc – can I still join? Yes
- Can I have my employer pay for this? Yes
- Can I watch some of the live sessions later as recordings? Yes
- Is this suitable for total beginners? Yes
- Is this suitable for intermediate level? Yes. You can just skip intro lessons and test out of them
- How is this different from the free GA / GTM courses provided by Google? Courses by Google are very basic and mainly focus on teaching you the UI of the tools. This program focuses on teaching you the process of digital analytics, working with data, goes up to advanced level. It teaches you analytics skills you will need in the real world.
Show off your new skills: Get a certificate of completion
Watch video lessons, use resources like spreadsheets and checklists, and do practice exercises to unlock the certification test.
Pass the final test and become a CXL Certified Digital Analytics Specialist.
Need help getting your employer to pay for this program?
CXL quality guarantee
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute: