Get a Growth Marketing Minidegree in 8 Weeks.
Get the skills and systems you need for continuous growth. Learn from practitioners who do this for a living.
Next cohort starts May 8, 2018. Step by step video courses, weekly live Q&A sessions. Group work assignments with fellow students.
- Taught by industry practitioners, not just conference speakers and theory peddlers.
- Gain a holistic understanding of growth across all channels and on an organizational level.
- Get results by implementing processes that have actually worked.
Some of the companies that train their teams here
Complete your training and become a CXL Certified Growth Marketer.
- Combine quantitative and qualitative research to get bigger wins.
- Apply industry-agnostic processes and frameworks for growth.
- Learn qualitative skills like behavioral psychology, copywriting, and user research.
- Get technical skills like Excel, digital analytics, and testing frameworks.
Become a T-shaped marketer with a focus on growth
In this extensive certification program by CXL Institute, you will learn the methodologies and processes that top growth executives have used to grow companies such as Lyft and InVision. You'll be able to execute campaigns for exponential and continuous growth.
Go from a dabbler to a growth pro
At the end of the program, you’ll be able to set OKRs and smart goals, run a high velocity testing program that gets results, and manage a growth team and process.
You’ll be able to implement processes, tools, and techniques that work to grow your business, no matter the industry you’re in.
What You'll Learn and How
Practical, hands-on curriculum teaching you the right skills for the marketplace - created by leading practitioners.
We work with industry experts to determine the most relevant topics. What is useful and in-demand has informed our curriculum more than anything else.
The classes are taught by various top practitioners in the industry, names people in the industry know well. Training content will be a mix of pre-recorded video lessons and live online classes.
We estimate the total effort required at 15-20 hours/week.
Each week you’ll be working on home work assignments to practice what you’ve learned.
CXL Growth marketing certification training program
Perfect for marketers looking to drive faster growth
This is a comprehensive training program that will give you the theoretical knowledge and empirical know-how to run growth in an organization. It will cover quantitative and analytical skills, technical skills, qualitative research, copywriting, storytelling, channel acquisition, and program management - the full gamut of skills you need to become a growth master.
Watch video lessons, use resources like spreadsheets and checklists, and do practice exercises to unlock the certification test. Pass the final test and become a CXL Certified Growth Marketing Specialist.
There are 8 cumulative tracks, for a total of 100+ hours of videos & study material.
Track 1: growth marketing foundations
- Growth vs. traditional marketing
- Building a growth process
- SaaS growth
Track 2: running growth experiments
- Research and testing workshop
- Conversion research
- How to run tests
- Statistics fundamentals for testing
- Optimize your optimization program
- Running marketing experiments
Track 3: data and analytics
- Foundations: Excel for marketers
- Excel for marketers
- Foundations: Google Analytics
- Google Analytics for beginners
- Intermediate Google Analytics
- Foundations: Google Tag Manager
- Google Tag manager for beginners
- Conducting an analytics audit
- Using analytics to find conversion opportunities
- Data-Driven attribution
- SQL for marketers
Track 4: UX
- Building data-driven personas
- UX for marketers
Track 5: psychology and storytelling
- Consumer psychology: pricing, websites, communication, products
- product messaging and salespage copywriting
- Social proof
- Testing your emotional content strategy
- Principles of persuasive design
- Intro to neuromarketing
Track 6: channel-specific growth skills
- Identifying and amplifying growth channels
- Referral Marketing: Building and Optimizing your Viral Channel
- Messaging strategy in public relations
- Email marketing
- Facebook ads
Track 7: channel-specific growth skills (continued)
- Traffic acquisition (PPC + SEO)
Track 8: growth program management
- GrowthMaster training workshop (with Sean Ellis)
- Optimizing your growth process
- Customer marketing
30+ courses in total including:
- 100+ hours of video courses
- 8+ hours conference event videos
- Actionable exercises and supplemental reading
Learn from the best. Taught by hand-picked leading industry practitioners.
Founder & President, We the Future
Former senior manager of Growth Marketing at Lyft, John is making a move to fix politics. He is a community builder, growth marketer, political organizer, and startup nerd.
Digital Marketing Strategist, InVision App
Sophia designs and delivers global content strategies, tactics, and channel distribution plans for billion-dollar brands, startups, small/midsized, and large enterprise businesses across various B2C and B2B spaces.
CEO of GrowthHackers
Sean Ellis is CEO and founder of GrowthHackers.com, the number one online community built for growth hackers. He's also the co-author of Hacking Growth. He coined the term "growth hacking" in 2010, after using it to ignite growth for Dropbox, Eventbrite, LogMeIn and Lookout.
Founder at Growth Marketing Today
Ramli is a full-stack growth marketer and educator with 10+ years of tech marketing experience. He's currently a Marketing Professor and Instructor at Centennial College and RED Academy in Toronto, Canada. He also runs corporate marketing training and coaches startups and marketing teams.
Founder and Principal of CXL
My unusual name (to most people) is actually pronounced ‘Pep Laya’. I’m an entrepreneur and a conversion optimization champion. I’m passionate about driving change and growth through digital optimization. I was voted as #1 most influential conversion rate optimization expert in the world.
Founder @UX Fika
Anna is a Swedish UX designer, speaker and coach who's been based in London since 2006. She’s also the founder of UX school UX Fika and the author of the upcoming book Storytelling in Design by O’Reilly.
Director, User Experience & Design @Pearson
Stefania is a UX Data Scientist, Strategist & Evangelist. She is director of user experience at Pearson. Before then, she was Sr. Quantitative UX Researcher at Express Scripts and Vice President of Research at Vast.
Vice President Of Product Management at Optimizely
Claire is the senior director of product at Optimizely, the world’s leading experience optimization platform. Previously, she was the CEO and co-founder of Experiment Engine, a venture-funded startup that was acquired by Optimizely in 2017.
Managing Director / COO at Northwoods Software
Fred Pike is Google-certified in Google Analytics (GAIQ) and Google AdWords. He is also certified in Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) through Conversion XL.
Measurement Marketer at MeasurementMarketing.io
Mercer (as he’s known) is the co-founder of Seriously Simple Marketing and has been helping marketers, marketing teams, and agencies implement and unlock the power of Google Analytics since 2013.
Research Director at CXL
Ben does UX research at CXL. He is a research scientist with a background in statistics and data science.
Founder & Principal of Analytics Ninja LLC
Yehoshua Coren is the Founder & Principal of Analytics Ninja LLC, a web analytics consultancy that provides advanced Google Analytics implementations and data analysis services to a wide range of companies.
Is this program right for me?
It’s ideal for
- Full-stack marketers / marketing generalists who want to specialize
- People who want to join growth teams
- UX folks working with data and want to get better at it
The skills you gain are industry-agnostic: you can apply them equally well in ecommerce, SaaS or B2B enterprises.
This program is designed to take participants from novice to advanced level growth marketers in 8 weeks. Being a naturally creative person helps as do technical skills. Interest in analytics and curiosity in general is a must.
You need to have 15-20 hrs / week to commit to this. You need to take it seriously to learn.
Need help communicating this program's value to your team?
Next instructor-led cohort starts May 8th
Get instant lifetime access to the Growth Marketing Certification Training Program.
Alternatively, get everything with All-Access membership.
Subscribe monthly for $299/mo or the annual plan below for best value.
7-day money back guarantee.