CXL live is a gathering of peers with the goal to learn from each other and to have a good time. Everyone should have an enjoyable time and show respect for one another.
This code of conduct exists to make clear what is expected of all attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers at our conference. We are expecting cooperation from all participants to help ensuring a safe environment for everybody.
If you need help, contact us at [email protected]
Always be respectful of each other
CXL Live is dedicated to a harassment-free conference experience for everyone.
We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks, workshops, parties, Twitter and other online media. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organisers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination [related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
We expect participants to follow these rules at conference and workshop venues and conference-related social events.
If you are being harassed, unsafe or unwelcome, or notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately.
Conference staff can be identified as they’ll be wearing branded t-shirts.
Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.People like you make our event a better place.
License and attribution
This Code of Conduct was adopted from the example policy from the Geek Feminism Wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers, which is under a Creative Commons Zero license.