I know what you’re thinking, “Ugh… webinars…” I couldn’t agree with you more.
They’re played out, they can feel dirty, and definitely have a high reputation of being – in general – thinly veiled pitch feasts.
But then again, Lars Lofgren told me in his interview that webinars were one of the prime reasons KISSmetrics has been able to grow as quickly as it has. Conversion Rate Experts also say webinars are responsible for their “highest sales ever”. Surely they’ve got to be on to something, right?
So I sat down with Georgiana Laudi, the Director of Marketing of Unbounce, and asked how they’ve approached using webinars, because I knew she wasn’t excited about using them at first either.
In this 28 minute interview we discuss:
- Why focusing on existing customers first was the best strategy for Unbounce webinars
- How they originally dealt with low signup rates
- How they improved their webinar signups by 150%
- & a whole lot more
Just in case you prefer audio only (workplace friendly)
What I really enjoyed, and what I think you’ll find useful, is that Unbounce’s approach to webinars started as a way to connect with their customers to answer questions about an upcoming feature release.
It wasn’t until their customers started asking marketing questions did they think that webinars would be a powerful acquisition channel & thank goodness they listened, because they were able to increase their trial startup rate by 35%
- 15 Steps To Revenue Generating Webinars
- How To Grow Your Business With Webinars
- The Landing Page Optimization Guide You Wish You Always Had